VMware Cloud Community
Vodder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update manager shows host baseline as compliant but host isn't

I'm trying to update my 3.5 hosts from 3.5.0 (64607) to Update 3 (123630). I have created a baseline with the Update 3 package and attached the baseline to the host. However when I do a scan it reports that the host is compliant if though it is clearly showing it as version 64607.

I've tried forcing a remediation but that just scans and finishes without no update occuring. If I create a baseline with Update 4 however, the scan shows it as non-compliant. Our company policy though is to go to Update 3 at present. Any ideas please?

Thanks

@timgleed | VCAP5-DCA/DCD | VCAP4-DCA/DCD | VCP5 | VCP4 | VCP3 | VCP4-DT | VCA4-DT | VTSP4 | MCITP | PRINCE2 | ITIL | BSc Hons
0 Kudos
4 Replies
petkom
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

the first thing that I could do it to remove the host from the VC, reboot it, reconnect and try to scan again.

is this happening with the other 64607 hosts too?

0 Kudos
Vodder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looks like it's right across the board....

We've got 50 hosts, a mix of blades and rackables, some standalone, some clustered. It's almost 50/50 of ones that state compliant and ones that don't!

I have noticed though the ones that are already at 123630 actually have a "1" in the number of compliant baselines list. The ones that are still 64607 but stating they are compliant actually show a "0" in the number of compliant baselines list.

On one of the ones that show it is not compliant, I've just successully remediated it.

Perhaps the management services need restarting on the hosts giving a "0" but also stating compliance?

@timgleed | VCAP5-DCA/DCD | VCAP4-DCA/DCD | VCP5 | VCP4 | VCP3 | VCP4-DT | VCA4-DT | VTSP4 | MCITP | PRINCE2 | ITIL | BSc Hons
0 Kudos
Vodder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I ended up having to uninstall Update Manager and remove all directories, downloaded files and anything else referencing it. I then reinstalled it, including starting afresh with the database and it is now working a treat! Smiley Happy So I don't know if the previous install's DB or metadata was corrupt but it certainly made the weekend's work that little bit easier!

Cheers

Tim

0 Kudos
petkom
Community Manager
Community Manager

thanks for posting this update here. You can mark this topic as answered

thanks,

petko

0 Kudos