VMware Cloud Community
MarcLaflamme1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VUM available in C# but not in Web Client

I just installed VUM but I cannot see the tabs or icon in the Web Client. I am however able to see and manage things in the C# client.

vCenter server appliance with embedded PSC - 6.0.0.10200 Build Number 3343022

VUM installed on Server 2012 R2

I re-registered using the IP instead of the FQDN as well as rebooted the VCSA but nothing changed.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcLaflamme1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think I figured it out.

The latest release doesn't show up for me in the web client for whatever reason but the release before that does work. (I don't know if that's what vmEck meant in his reply...)

Try installing version 6.0 U1 (6.0.0-3040890).

I completely removed everything (including SQL Express) and worked perfectly. I then tried upgrading to 1b and it didn't show up again I did though select to wipe the DB and start from scratch (didn't have much in it anyway). I'm going to try it again but elect to keep existing data to see if that works.

Regardless I'm not sure if it's a bug or there's something odd with my setup but maybe someone from VMware can investigate?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vmEck
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The only time I've run across this is when VUM 6.0 GA was installed and not the 6.0 U1 VUM. Did you download the Windows vCenter 6.0 U1b ISO and install VUM from there?

0 Kudos
MarcLaflamme1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I downloaded VMware-VIMSetup-all-6.0.0-3343019.iso

VMware vCenter Server 6.0 Update1b and Modules for windows

Installer for VMware vCenter Server, VMware Platform Services Controller, VMware vSphere Update Manager, vSphere Clients, and other vCenter Server-related modules. It enables installation of vCenter Server on Windows (Requires a 64-bit capable server).

0 Kudos
elu88
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Here are the screen shots of the vCSA version and the VUM version on the Windows Server 2012 R2 server.

vcsa.version.png

vum.version.png

And the VUM Web Client plug-in is missing under Client Plug-Ins.

web.client.plug-ins.png

I successfully re-registered the VUM with vCenter Server, but still have the same issue.

vum.registration.png

0 Kudos
MarcLaflamme1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think I figured it out.

The latest release doesn't show up for me in the web client for whatever reason but the release before that does work. (I don't know if that's what vmEck meant in his reply...)

Try installing version 6.0 U1 (6.0.0-3040890).

I completely removed everything (including SQL Express) and worked perfectly. I then tried upgrading to 1b and it didn't show up again I did though select to wipe the DB and start from scratch (didn't have much in it anyway). I'm going to try it again but elect to keep existing data to see if that works.

Regardless I'm not sure if it's a bug or there's something odd with my setup but maybe someone from VMware can investigate?

0 Kudos
clunsford1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just wanted to confirm, this solution seems to have worked for me as well.

Removed the newest version, and installed the version 6U1

0 Kudos