VMware Edu & Cert Community
VMSavvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCAP5-DCA Passed!!

Hello everyone,

I've successfully passed VDCA550 today.. I don't want to repeat what experts pointed many times.. If you manage your time, have loads of hands on experience then this exam is fun to attempt. Good luck for whoever is preparing for this one. I'm now on to DCD.. which I'm planning for mid-2015.

BTW, how many VCAP DCAs around the world and how many from India. Anyone has a number? I'm eager to know that..

Regards,

VMSavvy.. Smiley Happy

vmsavvy.blogspot.in

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vfk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You will not get printed certificate anymore, all certificate are now online.   The advantage on the online certificates is you can share the certificate or post it on your linkedin profile.

You can get a cap from the VCAP store https://vcp.vmwaremerchandise.com/Order.aspx

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
vfk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Congratulations...

The number of VCAP candidate is something is not publicly available, no one knows how many VCAP there are.

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
VMSavvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks vfk..

One question - Do we get the welcome kit along with the printed certificate, a cap with VCAP written on it and anything else along with? I want that cap so badly Smiley Happy

Regards,

VMSavvy..

0 Kudos
vfk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You will not get printed certificate anymore, all certificate are now online.   The advantage on the online certificates is you can share the certificate or post it on your linkedin profile.

You can get a cap from the VCAP store https://vcp.vmwaremerchandise.com/Order.aspx

0 Kudos
VMSavvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ahh.. got to pay for that then.. and certificates are now a "go green thing".. No probs.. Will hit the VCAP store.. Thank you.

VMSavvy Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Firstly let me congratulate you on your success, the VCAP-DCA is not an easy exam to pass.

Unfortunately, the days of printed certificates on heavy embossed card are gone.  This is also the same of the vCAP cap. 

if you want either you will have to print your own cert and buy a cap from the VCAP Store. Smiley Sad

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
VMSavvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Tom.. Yeah it is a tough exam. The tips from various resources helped me a lot. As I'm from India I got the additional 30 mins. I completed all the questions and still had some 28 mins left which I used to review a couple of them which weren't fully completed. Once all done I still had 10 mins left and I walked out confidently that I will pass.

To others who want to use what I've done...

The official cert guide is a 100% to have if you want to crack this one.. A great book and worth the money spent and will stay with me for a while..

Jason Nash's video course is amazing..

One tip that I got from one of the blogs and here it is.. Put all the 23 numbers on the sheet that you get in the exam.. 1 2 3 and so on.. once you complete each question round it up.. if you want to skip a question put a "?" against it.. once you hit all the 23 questions, you'll easily know which one you skipped or left mid way in the config.. go back and complete it and round it up.. This worked for me a great deal..

Use Alt+Shift+F in adobe reader to search all the vmware docs one shot if you get stuck with something..

Do not open too many windows.. screen refresh rate is pathetic with multiple windows open.. but the time won't slow down a bit.. Smiley Happy

Happy VCAPing

VMSavvy Smiley Happy