VMware Edu & Cert Community
turalo
Contributor
Contributor

Learning and Certifications models / path's after Broadcom thing changing?

Hi guys,

I'v been preparing to get my VCP-DCV 7 or 8  for sometime now, few weeks ago I wanted to get the official training on vmware.com because it seems to be the only way to get certified, but the enroll page was not opening all the time, and last time I tried it last week and didn't get on the page at all, then I got an email saying that after Broadcom thing there will be some changes, but I dont see any official page that explains everything that is in the plan.

normally I would go to this site :
https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv.html

from there I would choose : NO VCP ( because I'm not certified yet)

from there step 2. attend required training, then : VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V8] - On Demand

some time ago I would be able to get on that page and click enroll. then I would get the payment page.
but now it's not working anymore. from any browser, any computer, from different locations etc...

Now my question is, and I hope somebody from Vmware could enlighten me, what is going on? are this still the official path's ? or is Broadcom going to change everything including the certifications, trainings, maybe even prices for training ? cause right now it's astronomical even if you dont need it... should we like stop all plans and wait few weeks ?
Please anybody tell us if you now. what is going on?

this is the email i have received 3 days ago :

Dear ,

As of May 6, 2024, VMware by Broadcom will launch new learning platforms. MyLearn will no longer be used. Our new platforms will contribute to the development of a streamlined and efficient learning ecosystem as part of Broadcom's effort to unify its systems. These changes will enable us to better manage our educational resources.

What you need to do:
Screenshot course completion data: Please ensure that you have a record of your past completions by taking screenshots of your course completion data from the current portal by May 5, 2024. You may save this data for future reference. Go to https://mylearn.vmware.com and click on the myTranscripts tab.

Important Dates:
April 19, 2024 - Last to complete VCF Instructor-Led Classes on MyLearn.
May 5, 2024 - Last day to save myTransript course completion data.
May 6, 2024 - MyLearn registration portal will be retired, and the new Broadcom platform will launch.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we appreciate your understanding during this migration process. A separate email will be sent providing detailed instructions about how to register for classes in the coming weeks.

Should you have any questions please contact us at ...

---------

thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, no one is going to be able to answer your question until Broadcom make their official announcement in the beginning of May.

You are just going to have to be patient and wait 4 weeks or so. 

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The On Demand links should have been removed already as the offerings now don't include the lab portion and wouldn't count towards your certification requirements. I will follow up with the web team.

0 Kudos
EricMessmer
Contributor
Contributor

Please don't kill the On Demand links! Not everyone is using these courses for the LABS and or certification. I'm in the middle of a couple of On Demand courses as a refresher and to catch new features since it's been a couple years since I took an instructor led version. Sure, the timing sucks but there are those of us that may still go for the certification later but right now I'm just catching up on V8 stuff. 

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The On Demand links don't work and the ones you will find in the catalog don't qualify for certification requirements.

0 Kudos
turalo
Contributor
Contributor

looks like you are right, I'm not getting any info from anywhere, even people with big contracts with vmware...

let's hope that there will be good news, maybe lower prices or maybe they will stop requiring training to get certified, wishful thinking I know.

0 Kudos