VMware Edu & Cert Community
NickSousa
Contributor
Contributor

Passed 2V0-21.20 in November 2021 - when will it require a class?

Will I be required to take the class plus the exam in 2024?

The link here shows that if you passed the exam in the year 2020, then you can still take just the exam to renew the certification without needing to take the class. Is it 3 years before you need to take the class+exam, or is it 2 years?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander

It depends on version as well. I think you have completed VCP version 7.x , so it is just n-1 version (compared with latest version 8.x). You can appear for exam without course. Also you can refer this article , it gives you detailed information on how to upgrade our certification.

https://blogs.vmware.com/learning/2022/02/28/certification-upgrade-policy-update/

Personally, I always write to certification@vmware.com before appearing for exams to ensure I am following a right path. Once they confirm, I will give the exam. Usual response from them is between 24-48 hours.

Regards,
Suresh
https://vconnectit.wordpress.com/
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Did you complete the VCP in 2021, or just pass the exam in 2021?

If you took authorised training, what class was it and when did you complete it?

It is true for the whole of 2023 that holders of the VCP 2020 or VCP 2021 have just an exam requirement to update to VCP 2023, it should therefore be the case that through the whole of 2024 it will be holders of VCP 2021 or VCP 2022 that will just have an exam requirement to update to VCP 2024.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Suresh provides good advice here. The blog explains how far back the current policies allow for certification holders. Each January new logic is released and things may change between years. Which is why we recommend you complete new requirements sooner than 3 years. It typically means you have fewer things to do and less guessing to determine which path is correct for you.

0 Kudos