VMware Edu & Cert Community
ralphmark
Contributor
Contributor

Start VMware Certification

Hi everyone I'm Certified from CISCO and now i want to take vmware exams can any one help me from where can I start my vmware certificatiom I am bit confused?

your help must be apreciated I am waiting for quick response thanks.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Depending on your current knowledge you may want to take a look at the courses offered (and required) for the VCP certification.

see VMware   Certified Professional (VCP)

André

PS: I branched your question to a new discussion.

0 Kudos
ralphmark
Contributor
Contributor

okay thanks for your kind reply could you please guide me about VCAP5-DCA exam  blueprint - what's new?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

On the certification site the download is restricted to current VCP's. However, there's an alternative download site where you can get the current version (1.9). http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-12751

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There's not much point in worrying about VCAP5-DCA as you have to become a VCP5 before you would qualify for VCAP5-DCA.

Go to http://www.vmware.com/go/vcp and look at the resources and training requirements.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ralphmark
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i visit this side and found it much helpful could you please visit this site and tel me i am on right or not?

Moderator note: Link to potential brain dump website removed.

0 Kudos
nielse
Expert
Expert

Don't rely on dumps when you want to go for VCP. I suggest you read the blueprint and the PDF's from the VMware website. Also you have to attend a class first (this can be online) before you can go do the exam.

@nielsengelen - http://foonet.be - VCP4/5
0 Kudos
Steve_J1
Contributor
Contributor

Now a days,I am seeing that out of 10 people 8 people are passing their certification by studying dumps.

One Platform for All OS  http://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/vmware_happy.gif
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

That would be a shame if you're right - that's not my experience...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Hypergeek
Contributor
Contributor

>Now a days,I am seeing that out of 10 people 8 people are passing their certification by studying dumps.

Useless paper tigers.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Useless paper tigers

I don't intend to hijack this thread for a general discussion about certifications, but although I generally agree with your statement, I think one of the major reason for cheating are the sometimes ridiculous certification requirements of some vendors. To archive partner status, in some cases you need to have tons of certifications (technical and sales) and some - mainly smaller - companies just cannot afford to spend the money for all the necessary trainings. With all the trainings they would be bankrupt before they can even start selling the products.

André

0 Kudos
garyanand
Contributor
Contributor

Hi... I am preparing for my VCP 5. This would be the first time that I would be taking a VCP exam. I finished with my VCP classroom training last week. I have about 1 yr of work exp on VMware and over 5 yrs as Storage, Windows and Backup Admin.

Honestly, I looked at the dumps before starting the preparation. The answers are mostly incorrect and misleading. My personal advice would be to get off the dumps and study using the exam guides and other course materials. Also, there is no use in getting the certification if you do not have the knowledge.

0 Kudos