VMware Edu & Cert Community
DavidTownsend
Contributor
Contributor

CCNP qualified so do I have to take the VCTA?

Hi All,

Just got a quick question.  I am CCNP ENCOR and soon to be ENARSI (Advanced Routing) qualified from Cisco.  I read a while ago if you have CCNA that you don't have to take the VCTA. Is this true?  Is it still worthwhile taking the VCTA as surely there'll be aspects covered which aren't in Cisco's CCNA and CCNP studies?

Thanks,

David Townsend

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you hold a qualifying Cisco cert, you do not need to attend a qualifying course in order to become a VCP-NV. 

The VCTA is a new foundation level certification which does not require a qualifying  course in order to obtain, neither is it a requirement for higher level VMware certifications. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is no "link" of any kind between Cisco certifications and any of the VCTAs.

CCNA/CCNP/CCIE have a training exemption for VCP-NV.

CCIE has a training exemption for the 2 VCAP-NV certifications (Deploy and Design)

Look at the various NV certifications from this page for details: https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos