VMware Cloud Community
hpzech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Template configuration x64

Hello

We create a template with following parameters "MS Windows2003 SP2 x64" and it works.

Only one point I don't understand, when I deloy it, I don't get the possibilities to use the

"custome settings". We have also W2003 SP2 X32" and on this a get this possibilities.

Where is the difference? or what was wrong during the installation?

Thanks for every hints

Regards

Hans-Peter

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can not currently sysprep a Windows 2003 x64 server using the customization option, which is why you do not get the option to customize settings.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The custom settings allow you to modify the VM to whatever you want. A template is for many VM's but occassionaly you may want 1 or 2 VM's built slightly different, without setting up a completely different customization or template.

hpzech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello

How is the way to active the "customize settings", that I can use it?

During the installation I could not remember that there was a different to the x32 OS Version, concering

"customize settings".

Thanks and Regard

Hans-Peter

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I don't think 32-bit is any different than 64-bit. I haven't actually done a 64-bit template myself, since we don't really develop for 64-bit, but I haven't read anything to imply you have to do it differently.

They should be the same.

kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can not currently sysprep a Windows 2003 x64 server using the customization option, which is why you do not get the option to customize settings.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos