VMware Cloud Community
alexandresp
Contributor
Contributor

VI3 Client Open Console Through Firewall

Hi all,

We´ve an ESX 3.5 in a customer with some Virtual Machines, and we need to Open "Server Console" to administrate this servers, but we can´t.

I think it´s a connection problem, but I´ve already opened ports (80,443,902,903) in my FW, and set directive "vmauthd.server.alwaysProxy"

It´s important to say that I connect to ESX via Firewall Redirection (DNAT), remote connection.

Thanks for possible answers. And sorry for my Bad English.

Alexandre Andrade

0 Kudos
1 Reply
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Are you talking about "Service Console" access to the host for administration? Or we're talking about RDP or VNC types of access. But you can check what your firewalls setup using VI Client->Configurations->Security Profiles->Properties and than select the services you want to enable.

You can also use service console command

esxcfg-firewall -o 6101,tcp,out,Backupexec ->means you want to have port 6101 TCP outgoing traffic for BE. (make sure to replace port and services)

YIM: igeeksystems@yahoo.com

Hotmail:igeeksystems@hotmail.com

Google: igeeksystems@gmail.com

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos