VMware Cloud Community
DanEarl
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to disable the login page (web service) for VC 2.5?

Hello,

I would like to completly disable the webservice on the VirtualCenter 2.5 server, but in the VC Management Configuration settings for Web Service, the lonly options you get are to change the ports.

Is there a way to do this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

You can disable de Virtual Center Web Management service on the vCenter Server Windows machine. This will keep the Virtual Center running normally, but you will have no access to the Web Management anymore.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
DanEarl
Contributor
Contributor

I believe that you are referring to the "VMware Infrastructure Web Access" service, because I do not see a "Virtual Center Web Management" service. That services has already been disabled, without the desired effects.

With that service disabled, you can still browse the virtualcenter hosted website.

Sorry if the subject line of the thread is misleading or confusion.

0 Kudos
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

You will be able to enter on the website, but will not be able to login to the WebManagement.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
DanEarl
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, that is the functionality as it stands now. But I would like to disable the website all together!

0 Kudos
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

The thing is that the VC needs the 443 port to communicate. You can try to look for the docroot of the pages, but I really think it will be risky to touch that kind of thing.

I don have a 2.5 here, so I can't to the test for you. If VC is a VM, you can try taking an snapshot of it before changing this kind of thn.g

Marcelo Soares
DanEarl
Contributor
Contributor

I was afraid that it was needed, and think I remember reading that in one of my VI3 books.

Thanks for the insight.

0 Kudos