VMware Cloud Community
joel2006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

QLogic HBA Driver Issue

Is anyone able to tell me what version of Qlogic HBA driver for the 2GB QL2342 cards are shipped with ESX 3.5 Update 3?

I have an issue with a server ASR'ing, with a machine check exception error.

We've replaced the system board and the nics have been replaced in response to an HP adivsory.

HP have asked me to downgrade my driver install from v7.08-vm33 to v7.08-vm32. Having checked the Qlogic site the v7.08-vm33 driver is intended for ESX 3.5 Update 3, so I'm not keen to change this install.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
davidhaase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

ESX 3.5 U3 - QLA2342: qla2300_707_vmw version 7.08-vm32

Have a look at this: http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?action=search&deviceCategory=io&productId=1&advancedORbasic=advanced&maxDisplayRows=50&key=2342+&release[]=-1&datePosted=-1&vid=&did=&svid=&ssid=

Cheers,

David

-- Pedo mellon a minno --

joel2006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks David - same place HP and VMware have pointed me too!

I did run cat /proc/vmware/version which returned the following output in relation to the HBA:

qla2300_707_vmw build 130756: 7.08-vm33.4

We have also installed the following update - - I think this has changed the version possibly?

0 Kudos
davidhaase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Seems that the patch also upgraded the HBA firmware, so it is possibly not a good idea to downgrade the software.

Sorry, no more ideas Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
BUGCHK
Commander
Commander

On a QLogic adapter, the term "firmware" refers to software that is loaded into the on-board RISC processor. The adapter includes an image in its flash memory, but the operating system's device driver includes a copy as well and loads it into the processor when it initializes the adapter. So a new device driver can easily cause a change of the "firmware version".

0 Kudos