VMware Cloud Community
larden
Contributor
Contributor

VCB- 64-bit windows?

I just want to confirm with everyone that the current version of VCB plug-in will NOT run\install on 64-bit windows. We want to use the arcserve plug in and memory is an issue, we would like to go to 64-bit and load up on ram.

If anyone has this working or is working with VCB Arcserve plug in successfully I would love to talk to you.. We are having timeout and extreme slowness issues.

VMware Rocks!

VMware Rocks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanielHDT
Contributor
Contributor

Hello larden,

we have installed a windows server 2008 x64 on esx 3.5 u3 and install backup exec 12.5 and vcb proxy 1.5.

All working fine.

If i on your position i would try it. You cannot lose.

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

I just want to confirm with everyone that the current version of VCB plug-in will NOT run\install on 64-bit windows.

VCB will not install on 64-bit. I don't know how the other poster got this to work, because VCB doesn't support 64-bit, and some products like vRanger won't let you install because some data access components don't have a 64-bit version.

So the supported answer is correct, you can't install/run VCB in 64-bit Windows.

0 Kudos
DanielHDT
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

since vcb 1.5 was released the support for server 2008 is experimental.

http://www.vmware.com/support/vi3/doc/vi3_vcb15_rel_notes.html

You can install 32 bit applications on a 64 server system!

We have here a running windows server 2008 x64 with backup exec 12.5 and vcb 1.5.

All working fine. Try and you will see it works.

0 Kudos