VMware Cloud Community
Nick_F
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCB, NetBackup & Windows 2008

Is anyone successfully doing VCB backups with NetBackup 6.5.2 and Windows 2008 VMs? I can currently backup Windows 2003 VMs but failing on Windows 2008, it looks to be this issue http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/307300.htm Turns out Windows 2008 doesn't have a boot.ini anymore but just wondering if people have managed to work aorund it (e.g. create a dummy boot.ini)? About to raise a call with Symantec but figured I'd check here first...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BArvidson
Contributor
Contributor

Nick,

You may want to check out this thread, looks like a few people have found a workaround, not sure if this is still an issue for you, but stumbled across both of these threads today doing some research for a client.

Best regards,

Brian

Brian J Arvidson

Solutions Architect

VMware Certified Professional

Brian J Arvidson Solutions Architect VMware Certified Professional
0 Kudos
kudzu1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Nick.

NetBackup will support a W2K8 Virtual Machine starting with the 6.5.3 release which is due out in December 2008.

-George

george_winter@symantec.com

0 Kudos
atbnet
Expert
Expert

Yep were waiting on that release too, eagerly. Found out myself last week its not yet supported!! :smileyshocked: 2008 will be supported 2009, come on guys!

Andy, VMware Certified Professional (VCP),

If you found this information useful please award points using the buttons at the top of the page accordingly.

Andy Barnes
VCP / VCA-DT / MCITP:EA / CCIA
Help, Guides and How Tos... www.VMadmin.co.uk

If you found this information useful please award points using the buttons at the top of the page accordingly.
0 Kudos