VMware Cloud Community
Eire09
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCB and Backup Exec 11D

I'm new to VCB & Backup Exec so I'd appreciate a couple of pointers if possible.

Question 1 - Config.js Setup

I've added the following settings to the config.js & left the rest of this config.js file as default

// BACKUPROOT="E:\mnt";

//USERNAME="VCAdministrator";

//PASSWORD="VCAdminPasseord";

// HOST="vm1.fqdn.com";

Question 2

Where do I add backup jobs? For example if I want to backup multiple VM's & do full backups or file/directory backups. Can I do this within the Config.js or in Pre-backup.bat?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander

First, you need to remove the // to uncomment the settings. Usually you would create a backup job within Backup Exec and then use VCB in pre- and post-job scripts to mount and unmount the VM.

Kind Regards,

Gerrit Lehr

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
Eire09
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Gerrit,

Thanks for your reply. I uncommented the settings as you suggested.

I'm still having a problem with Backup Exec & I'm getting an error message as shown in the attached screen shot

I also did the following in Backup Exec

1. Created a New Job called FullVMBackup

2. Under Settings/General setup a backup method - Full - Using Modified TIme

3. Setup Pre/Post Commands

- Pre Command "c:\program files\vmware\vmware Consolidated Backup Framework\backupexec\pre-backup.bat" FullVMBackup test11.DomainName.com

- Post Command "c:\program files\vmware\vmware Consolidated Backup Framework\backupexec\post-backup.bat" FullVMBackup

4. Navigated in CMD to C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framework\Backupexec\ and ran pre-backup.bat FullVMBackup test11.DomainName.com (FullVMBackup is the name of the test job & Test11 is a server in my domain)

After running the Pre-Backup the drive did not seem to mount. Have you come across this before?

Thanks in advance,

PM

0 Kudos