VMware Cloud Community
flamingemu
Contributor
Contributor

VCB with Legato Networker

Does anyone here have experience getting this working with Networker? If so, can you walk me through the general steps in configuring it as well as any example scripts you may have. Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mikael_Tissandi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

You have to install your VCB server, your legato agent and then download the legato module from here : http://www.vmware.com/download/vi/drivers_tools.html

Thus you have to create your agent from the legato server and setup your save set has explain in the read me from the archive previously download.

It works automaticaly and you do not need srcipting!!

Regards

Mikael

MT
0 Kudos
flamingemu
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I have already installed the VCB server and downloaded the integration module. I've made the necessary entries in the config.js file too. I think it's the part you mentioned about creating the agent and the save set that I need help with. It is good to know there is no additional scripting involved however.

0 Kudos
Mikael_Tissandi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The necessary information are provide in the read me (4 pages) so you can manage that very quikly.

Glad to help you

Regards

Miakel

MT
0 Kudos
flamingemu
Contributor
Contributor

I created the save set for a single VM and got that to backup. However when trying to restore the VM, I get the following error:

recover: E:\vm_backups: cannot mkdir - The device is not ready.

E:\vm_backups\serverx.x.com-fullVM\scsi0-0-0-Serverx-s004.vmdk

There are about 15 errors for each of the files in that folder. I'm guessing some kind of a rights issue, but I'm not sure where to look.

Also, when this restore does complete, does it automatically push the restored VM back to VirtualCenter server or is there manual intervention (ie a vcbrestore) needed to actually push it back to the ESX server.? I just want to know if I have to move or rename the old VM before restoring the backup. Thanks!

0 Kudos
mecand
Contributor
Contributor

When you got backup of the vm your vcb proxy mount (locally) a folder (named "mnt") containing all files that need for esx. When you want to restore your vm's backup, legato replace in the folder mnt all files that need for esx. Now with a software like "Vm Importer" you must push these files into the esx. Without this software you can restore your vm's across the esx server console using a command fore restore the vms; i not use this that i think is called "vmrestore", i use vmimporter more user friendly.

Good luck

0 Kudos