VMware Cloud Community
krzystar
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 4 U1, megaraid sas 1078

edit: Sorry for wrong group, now I've realized that I wrote to esxi 3.5. Please move this topic to proper group.

Hello,

I'm currently trying to install VMware ESXi 4 on my server. Problem is with Raid Controller LSI Megaraid SAS 1078 that is not visible by installer. Problem also occured when I tried to run any Linux Live CD. I managed to boot CentOS 5 installer after passing 'irqpoll' parameter to kernel and this solved problem, but I want to install VMware ESXi. In ESXi installer I got an error message:

"Unable to find a supported device to write the VMware ESXi 4.0.0 image to."

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Model: S5520UR

Is there any way to pass irqpoll to kernel, or any other solution to install VMware ESXi on my server?

Thank for reply.

brgds

Cris.

Message was edited by: krzystar

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jackobli
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

edit: Sorry for wrong group, now I've realized that I wrote to esxi 3.5. Please move this topic to proper group.

There is just one community for ESXi, no problem at all.

I'm currently trying to install VMware ESXi 4 on my server. Problem is with Raid Controller LSI Megaraid SAS 1078 that is not visible by installer.

"Unable to find a supported device to write the VMware ESXi 4.0.0 image to."

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Model: S5520UR

Is there any way to pass irqpoll to kernel, or any other solution to install VMware ESXi on my server?

Have a look on this section of Dave's site, but also generally on his site about known issues with specific mainboard and storage controllers.

0 Kudos