VMware Cloud Community
chiptransisto
Contributor
Contributor

Other computers on local network can't see virtual machine?

I have setup several vm's. They all can see out to the internet but none of the other computers on my local network can see any of the virtual machines. I have set up trixbox and freenas where I need the computers on the local network to be able to see the vmware virtual machines.

I'm sure there is a checkbox or something that I'm missing but I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

can't think of a checkbox that would solve this issue. I would look into stuff like VLAN's, Gateway within the VM - Gateway of the others... Normally there's nothing really special to do to get this working...v

Duncan

My virtualisation blog:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Just to clarify, are trixbox and freenas the VMs or hosts on the network.

0 Kudos
robertortel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Look at your network config. In VI Client edit the virtual switch which connects your VMs to the outside world. In the security tab there is an option FORGED TRANSMITS, which must be set to 'accept'.

This is an extract from the help:

Forged Transmits

• Reject – Any outbound frame with a source MAC address that is different from the MAC address set on the adapter is dropped.

• Accept – No filtering is performed and all outbound frames are passed.

0 Kudos
MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just look if you're VM are in the same network than you're Local Computers for this configure the VSwitch used by VMNetwork in VCenter

Look if the gateway is good, look if you're VM's IP are setcorrectly (DHCP, or permanant, look at the gateway too).

Normally there's not special things to do it works without any problem if the configuration of the VMNetwork is good

0 Kudos
chiptransisto
Contributor
Contributor

Forget the question. The problem was human not vmware. I had it set up incorreclty. After it was set up correctly, everything works.

Thanks.

0 Kudos