VMware Cloud Community
foxy1977
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect to esx host and VM down

Hi folks,

Just after a bit of advice. I have a esxi host machine that I am having a bit of trouble with. We had fauly memory and have to pull out a couple of sticks of ram in order to get the host to boot up. This meaning that there is hardling anything in the box now (1gb).

After taking the ram out the host boots up and I get the console stuff on the screen and the VM was booting up originally. As the server was so low on memory we had to make an advanced setting change to reduce the reservation to 128mb from 1gb to get the VM to power on. This allowed us to power the VM on with 256mb of ram. Once we increased this to 1gb we were unable to connect the VI client or access the web page of the host.

The server is resonding to pings and when i type the IP address into the browser i get the security warning up and I can continue but nothing after that. I am alsounable to connect to the host with the VI client.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get back into the host via the VI client?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
foxy1977
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks,

Think i have figured it out. I added more RAM to the server and it booted up ok (with 4gb). Ive just ordered more RAM for the server and it should sort the problem.

0 Kudos