VMware Cloud Community
leiw324
Contributor
Contributor

What is SYSTEM account during vCenter installation?

Hello

I have read document, but still don't understand what's SYSTEM account, I want install it by domain administrator (this is Windows XP joined DC),

but the account name is dim, so I can't enter domain/administrator .

Thanks !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jkumhar75
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

At the time of preparation of virtual center installation ,if you need to get rid of this system account and run the virtual center services with the domain admins account, you need to login on the workstation(Windows XP or windows 2003 server) with the domain admin account and begin the installation of virtual center.you will get rid of this issue.

Jay

MCSE,VCP 310,VCP 410

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Jayprakash VCP3,VCP4,MCSE 2003 http://kb.vmware.com/
0 Kudos
leiw324
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I already login with domain administrator account, but the account name field stil dim.

Please see the attached image.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Jain
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Under windows services needs to have accounts to run. Under window you specified, it is asking for credentials for vCenter service.

There you can either select account which you are logged in or System account( is kind of standard account system uses to run various services.)

-

Jain | VCP4 | Please award points, if you found answer useful

--------------------------------- *Jain* | VCP4 | +Please award points, if you found answer useful+
0 Kudos