VMware {code} Community
ScottLangham
Contributor
Contributor

CRITICAL **: file ..\..\..\gobject\gobject.c: line 1737: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

I've got a C# console app that uses VIX 1.6.2 (to connect to ESXi v3.5.0

Sometimes during a call to Connect, the text:

• (MyConsoleApp.exe:5508): CRITICAL **: file ..\..\..\gobject\gobject.c: line 1737: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Gets output to the console window. I'm guessing this is being output by some internal library that VIX uses; maybe an author of that library accidentally left an assertion in the release version of their code.

Anyway, does anybody know what this is or if there's a solution to make it go away? The connection fails if I see this message, but it usually succeeds after 4 or 5 retries.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
lemke
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is another thread connecting or disconnecting at the same time? There was a bug in that situation, which has been fixed for the next release.

0 Kudos
ScottLangham
Contributor
Contributor

There's no second thread that I'm aware of.

I'm running this in a single threaded app, and am only running one instance of that application at a time.

0 Kudos
ScottLangham
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I am happy to hear there is a next release on the way. I think I'm going to have to give up development with the current version. I've been trying to gently coax the calls I'm making into the api to get them to succeed without crashing or just hanging by putting retries, sleeps, pauses, and reconnects into my code. I've improved it lots, but it still crashes or locks up more times than it succeeds. I'm not trying to do anything fancy, it is only supposed to revert the machine to a snapshot, copy some files on, run some programs one after the other.

Do you know when the next release is due? Maybe I can come back to this then.

Regards,

-Scott

0 Kudos