VMware {code} Community
icnocop2
Contributor
Contributor

Feature Request: ability to use "windows session credentials" with the Connect vix api function

Hi.

I would like to request the ability to use "windows session credentials" with the Connect vix api function.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Thank you for the suggestion. We will investigate adding this in a future release.

0 Kudos
RockyConcept
Contributor
Contributor

I happened to see very nice discussion on this request on another thread : http://communities.vmware.com/message/1381683

In brief, for some reason if hacker reaches to the host (by some mean), Vmware don;t want the direct access to the multiple guest VMs running on host. Else we would have further damage to guests. .... i belive its valid thought....

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I believe the original request was to use the Windows session creditials to connect to vCenter Server (during the VixHost_Connect() call) as the vSphere Client and the vSphere API allow you to do today.

This of course assumes that both the client machine running the VIX application and the the host runnign vCenter Server are on the same domain.

Using Windows session creditials to establish a guest session through VIX via VixVM_LoginInGuest() is a different and very interesting situation.

0 Kudos