VMware Cloud Community
kpcongdon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Deleting orphaned vRO Context Action?

I have run into an issue where I have a Context Action still showing up in the vCenter Web Client, that no longer exists in vRO.  Because the workflow has been deleted, I'm unable to unconfigure it as a context action. 

Is it possible to manually delete this from the web client, possibly through the MOB explorer? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

MOB explorer won't help as the context action are not registered in the MOB. The initial list of actions is hard-coded in the plug-in, and once you do some modifications (eg. add or remove a context action), the changed list is persisted locally on the machine where the Web Client is deployed/running.

There are several ways to get rid of such orphaned context action, some of them easy, other a lot harder. Below are the easier ones.

If you have a copy of the workflow on some other vRO instance, the easiest way would be to export it from there, import it on vRO instance you use with the Web Client, and remove the context action binding from the UI.

If you don't have a copy of the workflow, you can try the following:

• SSH to vSphere Web Client appliance and stop vsphere-client service
  • Delete the file /storage/vsphere-client/SerenityDB/serenity/ALL/applications/vco-plugin/context.menu.actions (you may make a copy of it just in case)
  • Start vsphere-client service (or reboot vSphere Web Client appliance)

After these steps, all custom context action mappings should be gone, including the orphaned ones.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

MOB explorer won't help as the context action are not registered in the MOB. The initial list of actions is hard-coded in the plug-in, and once you do some modifications (eg. add or remove a context action), the changed list is persisted locally on the machine where the Web Client is deployed/running.

There are several ways to get rid of such orphaned context action, some of them easy, other a lot harder. Below are the easier ones.

If you have a copy of the workflow on some other vRO instance, the easiest way would be to export it from there, import it on vRO instance you use with the Web Client, and remove the context action binding from the UI.

If you don't have a copy of the workflow, you can try the following:

• SSH to vSphere Web Client appliance and stop vsphere-client service
  • Delete the file /storage/vsphere-client/SerenityDB/serenity/ALL/applications/vco-plugin/context.menu.actions (you may make a copy of it just in case)
  • Start vsphere-client service (or reboot vSphere Web Client appliance)

After these steps, all custom context action mappings should be gone, including the orphaned ones.

0 Kudos
kpcongdon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, I will give this a try

0 Kudos
kpcongdon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, this did the trick