VMware Cloud Community
Kretschmer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Timeout when running "Rescan datacenter HBAs"

Hi there!

When I run the workflow "Rescan datacenter HBAs" I get the following error message after the first ESXi Host (I replaced our hostname) is scanned:

[2015-11-11 10:51:33.300] [I] Rescanning HBAs on : HOSTNAME

[2015-11-11 10:51:33.325] [I] rescanning HBAs on host 'HOSTNAME'... please wait...

[2015-11-11 10:53:02.019] [E] Error when rescanning VMFS. Reason: InternalError: ; nested exception is:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out (Dynamic Script Module name : rescanHostHBAs#4)

[2015-11-11 10:53:02.044] [I] Error when rescanning VMFS. Reason: InternalError: ; nested exception is:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out (Dynamic Script Module name : rescanHostHBAs#4) (Dynamic Script Module name : rescanHostHBAs#9)

But the rescan HBAs and VMFS of this host runs just fine within the vCenter. OK it takes some time because we have a lot of Datastores but there is no error.

Is there a way to increase the timeout value or do I have to modify the workflow somehow?

Sorry for my bad english 😉

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

vRO vCenter plug-in supports timeout values configuration via the following system properties:

com.vmware.vmo.plugin.vi4.socketReadTimeout - socket read timeout; default value is 1 minute (60000 ms)

com.vmware.vmo.plugin.vi4.socketConnectTimeout - socket connect timeout; default value is 2 minutes (120000 ms)

So, to increase socket read timeout to eg. 3 minutes, add the following line to vRO's vmo.properties file, and then restart the vRO service for change to take effect.

com.vmware.vmo.plugin.vi4.socketReadTimeout = 180000

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

vRO vCenter plug-in supports timeout values configuration via the following system properties:

com.vmware.vmo.plugin.vi4.socketReadTimeout - socket read timeout; default value is 1 minute (60000 ms)

com.vmware.vmo.plugin.vi4.socketConnectTimeout - socket connect timeout; default value is 2 minutes (120000 ms)

So, to increase socket read timeout to eg. 3 minutes, add the following line to vRO's vmo.properties file, and then restart the vRO service for change to take effect.

com.vmware.vmo.plugin.vi4.socketReadTimeout = 180000

0 Kudos
Kretschmer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi llian lliev,

this was what I was searching for.

It works now! Thank you very much.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos