VMware Cloud Community
sean_gadson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 7.2 Model Enties Cheat Sheet

Hello,

I am trying to use vRO to get data from vRA but I am having trouble of trying to find a good place to see what are attributes of the model entities (for example All of the attributes for a Reservation such as storage reserved, memory reserved, etc).  Is there a map of the attributes for all of the model entities for vRA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

This article has a diagram for previous versions although I don't think too much has changed.  I can't really read the diagram as it is pretty low resolution.  http://www.vcoteam.info/articles/learn-vco/269-working-with-vcloud-automation-center-infrastructure-... .  I am also attaching a workflow that lists the properties of the entities.  For the most part the attributes you see for the vcac object types in orchestrator match up with the model entities but the model entity attributes always start with an upper case.  Different naming convention I guess.  So for the orchestrator object type vCAC:Blueprint which is a ManagementModelEntities.svc entity of type VirtualMachineTemplates you will see a list like this generated from the workflow:

ReconfigureMaxNetworks,MachineType,VirtualMachineTemplateName,InterfaceTypeId,RecUpdateTime,InterfaceId,Master,IsHidden,IsPublished,IsReconfigureAllowed,ExpireDays,ReconfigureForceShutdown,IsComponentOnly,EnableStoragePolicy,BlueprintType,DiskSize0GB,VirtualMachineTemplateDescription,VirtualMachineTemplateID,IsGlobal,Cost,ReconfigureExecutionSelector,RequiresApproval,LeaseDays,ReconfigureMaxDisks,Enabled,TenantID,CPUCount,RecCreationTime,MachinePrefix,MemoryMB

If you examine the vCAC:Blueprint you should see most of the same attributes starting with a lower case letter.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

This article has a diagram for previous versions although I don't think too much has changed.  I can't really read the diagram as it is pretty low resolution.  http://www.vcoteam.info/articles/learn-vco/269-working-with-vcloud-automation-center-infrastructure-... .  I am also attaching a workflow that lists the properties of the entities.  For the most part the attributes you see for the vcac object types in orchestrator match up with the model entities but the model entity attributes always start with an upper case.  Different naming convention I guess.  So for the orchestrator object type vCAC:Blueprint which is a ManagementModelEntities.svc entity of type VirtualMachineTemplates you will see a list like this generated from the workflow:

ReconfigureMaxNetworks,MachineType,VirtualMachineTemplateName,InterfaceTypeId,RecUpdateTime,InterfaceId,Master,IsHidden,IsPublished,IsReconfigureAllowed,ExpireDays,ReconfigureForceShutdown,IsComponentOnly,EnableStoragePolicy,BlueprintType,DiskSize0GB,VirtualMachineTemplateDescription,VirtualMachineTemplateID,IsGlobal,Cost,ReconfigureExecutionSelector,RequiresApproval,LeaseDays,ReconfigureMaxDisks,Enabled,TenantID,CPUCount,RecCreationTime,MachinePrefix,MemoryMB

If you examine the vCAC:Blueprint you should see most of the same attributes starting with a lower case letter.

0 Kudos
sean_gadson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cool thanks this will give me a good start