VMware Cloud Community
JonathanJ
Contributor
Contributor

Default dashboard for home page to all vROPS users

Hello vROPS experts,

I need your assistance. I have configured a Landing Page dashboard for our tenants. I would like to set this dashboard as the default dashboard for all the vROPS users. I can only set the dashboard as default for my user login. How to make this as a default dashboard for all users. Any help is appreciated! This is bit urgent. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ranjithbabhu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, You can do it via  Manage Sharing session. To share a dashboard, in the menu, click Dashboards. Select Actions > Manage Dashboards. Click the gear icon and select Share Dashboards.

ranjithbabhu_0-1623322725326.png

ranjithbabhu_1-1623322778614.png

You can share a dashboard or dashboard template with one or more user groups. When you share a dashboard, it becomes available to all the users in the user group that you select. The dashboard appears the same to all the users who share it. If you edit a shared dashboard, the dashboard changes for all users. Other users can only view a shared dashboard. They cannot change it.

Regards

Ranjith babhu R

JonathanJ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ranjith,

Thanks for your response. However, I am looking to set one specific dashboard as Default dashboard for all the vROPS users as Home page.  Set Default option in the Dashboard menu is only setting the dashboard as home page for the current login. However, I would like to set it for all the users. Please let me know if there is a way in vROPS to configure it.

tintim_mtb1
Contributor
Contributor

@JonathanJ Did you get an answer to this issue?

We have exactly the same challenge and want to remove as many permissions as possible and make the process easier for users.

Management of the default home page per vROps user group would be ideal. 

0 Kudos
micbuc5583
Contributor
Contributor

Easiest way to accomplish this is to create a bookmark to the dashboard and send that to the users. When users open the bookmark containing the URL to the dashboard they will be prompted to login and be taken directly to that dashboard. 

0 Kudos