VMware Cloud Community
rsblind
Contributor
Contributor

Stuck on Linked VC Registration

I'm in the initial setup portion of a trial install of the vCOps and it appears to be stuck on the "Linked VC Registration" portion of the setup.

The blue bar keeps going across at "Getting linked vCenter Server Information..." It ran for a couple hours and I stopped and restarted now it's been running for 30 minutes.

Possible to skip this step somehow? Just doing a test...

Thanks

RS

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Are you running your vCs in linked mode?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
rsblind
Contributor
Contributor

To be honest, I don't know.

I'm relatively new to VMware... I don't think so but how do I check this?

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Easy way? Log in to vCenter using the legacy/thick client and see if you have multiple vCenters on the list on the left pane.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
rsblind
Contributor
Contributor

If that's how you tell then I would say no.

I have two separate... One on 4.1 and the one where I installed the vCOps appliance that is on 5.5... Its a new VDI POC test environment.

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

When you're going through the initial config, are you referring vC Ops to the 5.5 instance? I'd suggest pointing the vC Ops registration vCenter and primary vCenter to your 5.5. instance. Then, after that is confirmed working, add the 4.1 vCenter. What vC Ops build/version are you installing and what build 5.5 VC arr you hitting? Are you registering vC Ops to the VC using an admin account on the vCenter? If not, what perms does the user have? Do you have a VMW EUC SE helping out with your Horizon POC?

0 Kudos
rsblind
Contributor
Contributor

Its the current version of vC Ops (5.8.2.0-1839385) installed and registered to the 5.5 instance. At this point I have no need to point to my 4.1 instance.

I'm using root account pointing VC. We had a contractor setup the POC... Not thrilled with that but... I think I might be able to open a case on this but wanted to check here first.

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

There are a few reasons it could be doing what you're seeing, but rather than guessing it'd be easier to just look at the logs and see what task is getting hung up. I'd say give GSS a call they'll be able able to work through this with you.

0 Kudos
rsblind
Contributor
Contributor

I'll do that...

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos