VMware Beta Community
cm3c
Contributor
Contributor

CSE 3.1.3 and CSE 4 beta co-existence

Hi,

is there anything special to take care of, when trying to run CSE 3.1.3 and CSE 4.0 beta in parallel on the same Cloud Director Cell?
Do we have to consider something special?

If it is independent from each other, there should be no problem i guess ...?
Anyone tried that? Any hint would be helpful.

After using cluster-api/CAPVCD in production with Cloud Director, we would like to thoroughly test the new CSE beta in co-existence with CSE 3.1.3.

Thank you!

//Marian

Marian Fischer
0 Kudos
3 Replies
agoel
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Marian

CSE 3.1.3 and CSE 4.0 work independently on same VCD. You can give it a try. UI Plugin Beta build will work just fine with CSE 3.1.3. I do ask you to look at known issues page in the Beta documents and the bullet that talks about 3.1.3 based clusters and what to expect in GA.

Please report back issues if you see them.

Thanks.

Aashima

0 Kudos
marko_uskokovic
Contributor
Contributor

At one point, in beta version plugin, I got screen like this (not a real screenshot from that time, this is a mockup):

coexistence.PNG

I was able to proceed dialog with first option which gave me CSE.next cluster, but second option showed no available vdc where to provision CSE 3.1.

I only saw that screen once, all later attempts showed only first option available, so I am wondering what was going on that time.

Or it should work that way, but it doesn't work on my side?

0 Kudos
niandrew
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion. The beta build of UI plugin still had legacy TKGm cluster creation workflow enabled. I've updated UI plugin (in development)  to treat legacy TKGm clusters as read-only. 

This issue will not be seen in future releases

0 Kudos