VMware Cloud Community
zeebahi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCF deployment : Work book validate issue

Hi everyone,

I am deploying VCF and having issues at " validate " stage as shown below.

zeebahi_0-1706494962985.png

I have regenerated certs and restarted the hosts  but cannot get past this stage.

Cloud  builder VM can ssh into ESXI hosts with no issue. I checked it by doing ssh into esxi hosts from Cloud builder VM.

What am  I missing?

Thanks!!

Platform info:

VMware Cloud Foundation 5.0.0.0-21822418

ESXI info:

Client version:

Client build number:

ESXi version:

ESXi build number:

0 Kudos
5 Replies
viquarhcimca
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

what command are u using to generate the ssh key 

Thanks & Regards,

Mohammed Viquar Ahmed
0 Kudos
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert

Are you using uppercase hostnames?

Are the DNS records also in uppercase?  Because SDDC Manager/CB have a real issue with upper case. Everything should be in lowercase, both dns and the hostname configuration.

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert

In addition, check the following logs and if you can share it as well: /var/log/vmware/vcf/bringup/vcf-bringup-debug.log

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos
BhojaRavi
Contributor
Contributor

I believe the hints showing up in log file - /var/log/vmware/vcf/bringup/vcf-bringup-debug.log should show leads on what's going wrong. You might want to review it.

0 Kudos
michelev
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Zeebahi,

After you have configured the hostnames of your ESXi hosts, you must regenerate the self-signed certificates on each host to ensure the correct common name is present in the certificates.

During the installation of an ESXi host, the installer generates a self-signed certificate that contains localhost.localdomain as the common name. After you configure the hostname of a host, a mismatch between the hostname and the common name in the certificate occurs. VMware Cloud Builder communicates with ESXi hosts securely over HTTPS and validates the identity of a host by comparing the common name of the certificate with the FQDN provided in the VMware Cloud Builder configuration file.

See Regenerate the Self-Signed Certificate on All Hosts

Other Check:

• no uppercase letters on FQDN
  • ensure DNS fwd and reverse matches
  • and you have all the networks and connectivity in place

If you are in Nested Enviroment (for example William Lam VCF Lab) re-check all the parameters, for example the "VM Password" variable ($VMPassword) and retry.
HTH

Michele V.
--

Please consider to give "kudos" (a.k.a. Likes) and/or mark this as "accepted solutions" 

0 Kudos