VMware Communities
marcelofares
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ATTENTION DEVELOPERS - PROBLEMS WITH AUDIO CARD

I have a audio card Focusrite Scarlett 18i6. I before running on my Mac, the version 5.0.3( VMWARE) and everything was working. After I updated to the new version 6, and my audio card, no sound comes in and is having connectivity problems in windows. I've updated the drivers for my board to latest version. I've upgraded to the latest version firmeware. And I've tested this audio card on two different Macs with version 6 and the problem persisted!

Note - I'm using version 6 demo.

The Audio card works perfectly within my MAC system with the latest drivers. But the problem remains FUSION version 6. I've tested it on two different virtual machines with different operating systems, tested on two different Imacs and nothing back to work as before.

After doing many tests, which detect the audio card works perfectly with its last official update from the manufacturer only with version 5.0.3 (VMWARE). With version 6, this problem persists.

I'm desperate because I work with music production, and use a software for windows within my MAC ..

Sorry clerical errors. I live in Brazil!

The Version 6, needs improvement the compatibility issue. Problems I'm facing many  after this update.

Best,

Marcelo Fares

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Before uninstalling VMware Fusion 6.0 you need to change the Hardware Version from 10 to 9 for any Virtual Machine you upgraded.  Have a look at: Change the Compatibility of a Virtual Machine

Then uninstall VMware Fusion 6 and reinstall VMware Fusion 5.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcelofares
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No solution or any tips so far? Anyone know how to get back to the previous version  VMWARE 5.0.3? I tried to reinstall the previous version, but I had already updated to the new version (6), and when it was commence the virtual machine in the previous version (5.0.3) appeared a message that the version of my operating system, could not return running in a previous version after the system had been updated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Before uninstalling VMware Fusion 6.0 you need to change the Hardware Version from 10 to 9 for any Virtual Machine you upgraded.  Have a look at: Change the Compatibility of a Virtual Machine

Then uninstall VMware Fusion 6 and reinstall VMware Fusion 5.

marcelofares
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply dear friend!

I'll try now.

If this works, I'll let you know!

0 Kudos
marcelofares
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Our you saved my life dude.

Really worked. I got back to version 5.0.3 and everything is working again perfectly.

Now, I have a doubt .. Why did this happen with the new version? I could not upgrade to version 6 (VMWARE) and change the version of Hardware from 10 to 9?

Or do you think the problem will persist? Because in version 6 VMWARE, had the option Hardware version 9.

0 Kudos
marcelofares
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm just warning the support of VMWARE.

I updated my version of VMWARE to update (VMware-Fusion-6.0.1-1331545). The result of this was this:

The problem with my audio card FOCUSRITE USB 2.0 external persisted, ie, the new version did not solve this problem. I've seen reports that this version 6.1 had some bugs fixed in this regard, however, the problem still persists.

The solution I found was to remove the 6.1 version and go back to version 5.0.3 and everything is working again.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
changhai
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

marcelofares,

downgrading back to Fusion5.0.3 is just a workaround,not final resolution.

Please help collect Fusion support log bundle through click VMware Fusion menu > Help > Collect Support Information, and as an attachment upload to this thread through click "Use advanced editor" on the right-top of this editor.

and then I would engage with our dev to find the root cause.

Best Regards,

changhai

0 Kudos