VMware Communities
HackaMac
Contributor
Contributor

Access data from other apps

Fusion 13.5 on macOS Sonoma M1Max

From time to time I get a pop-up saying "VMware Fusion 13.app would like to access data from other apps."  (see attached). It seems to happen some time after I start-up a VM, but I haven't figured out what, specifically, triggers it.  Does anyone know what "other apps" it needs to access?  "Allow" or "Don't Allow" don't seem to have any apparent affect.  Even after clicking "allow", it still eventually comes back.  Could this be related to the background item that's added every time Fusion is started?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

That's odd.  There's a background process popup bug that still isn't fixed.  The only thing that comes it mind is if you have mac-side set to open content in a windows app.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Does Fusion have full disk access? I've seen reports of other applications throwing the same error in Sonoma as Apple seems to have tightened access and security with Sonoma. I have it set for that in my system and never have seen that message. I'll try turning full disk access for Fusion off and see if I get anything similar.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
HackaMac
Contributor
Contributor

> ...if you have mac-side set to open content in a windows app.

I didn't think that was available on Apple Silicon?

0 Kudos
HackaMac
Contributor
Contributor

Does Fusion have full disk access?

No, it didn't.  If it asked for it I probably denied it; I only give that out grudgingly 🙂  I wish app developers in general would do a better job of explaining why they want their entitlements.  I'll run with it on for a few days and see if that was it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos