VMware Communities
Bruce_B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Apple silicon M chips Windows 11

Purchasing Windows 11- Can I run 'Home' version or must it be 'Professional'?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

The instructions in this:  https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Documents/The-Unofficial-Fusion-13-for-Apple-Silicon...

Will help you obtain and install the ISO for Windows 11 ARM.  Everything else you might find is outdated, inaccurate, incomplete, or problematic.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

First, if you have a Win 10 license key it works, and many Win 7 keys are working too.

Second, right now I think only Pro is supported - definitely use the instructions in the unofficial guide in the documents section here to get it installed.

0 Kudos
Bruce_B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you. Which instructions VM Fusion or Windows?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

The instructions in this:  https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Documents/The-Unofficial-Fusion-13-for-Apple-Silicon...

Will help you obtain and install the ISO for Windows 11 ARM.  Everything else you might find is outdated, inaccurate, incomplete, or problematic.

Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

@Bruce_B wrote:

Purchasing Windows 11- Can I run 'Home' version or must it be 'Professional'?

According to VMware's guest compatibility lists Basic (Home), Professional, and Enterprise editions of Windows 11 ARM are supported with Fusion 13 on Apple Silicon.

I'm running Windows 11 ARM Home Edition activated with a Windows 11 Home retail license purchased through the Microsoft Store.  

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
TWBudrys
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think that yes, You can

todivefor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am running W11 home activated from W10 key, which as I remember activated from W7.

Macbook Air M1, Ventura 13.5, Fusion Player 2023 TP
0 Kudos
Bruce_B
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Good to hear, Thanks, FYI you can buy at a deep discount Microsoft keys at  Productkeys.com  an amazing site!

-Bruce

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'd be leery of product keys not from Microsoft authorized resellers. I've seen reports of keys from these types of vendors not working at first (requiring back and forth with the vendors), and Microsoft "banning" those keys for being sold in the "grey market" - sometimes when you least expect it.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos