VMware Communities
mensurb
Contributor
Contributor

Deathadder Mouse

Hello

I just installed vmware fusion and it works great. I do have one problem though. I am trying to install a deathadder gaming mouse. When I run the cd everything installs and reboots the windows portion. However, once restart is finished it is still not recognizing the mouse. When I run the deathadder program it tells me to put the mouse into the usb port...even though it is already in there. Their support won't help me. This my works perfectly fine on my windows machine. Now it does work, but the fourth and firth mouse buttons don't...the whole point of the mouse is to have more buttons.

Anyone know what the problem is?

I would apprechiate any help, thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

: Virtual Hardware

If you really need those 4th and 5th buttons, search for usb.allowHID, but be sure you understand what you're doing first.

0 Kudos
mensurb
Contributor
Contributor

Hey

Thanks for your help but I'm not exactly sure where to search for the "usb.allow.HID" Like I said I am brand new to fusion. I tried to search the forums and under help in the program itself. Can you be more specific?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry, I got the term wrong (it's actually usb.generic.allowHID) and forgot that the search function is dumb and doesn't like punctuation. has some discussion, and has instructions on where to find the .vmx config file.

0 Kudos