VMware Communities
Caram
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Direct X 9 Question

I'm using a Mac running a virtual Windows XP Pro SP 2. Will the Direct X 9 automatically work for Windows, or do I need to do something specific? I have run DXDIAG and my GFX card does not show up. Is it possible to use the Mac Video driver?

The game I'm attempting to play is Team Fortress 2, if it makes any difference.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'm using a Mac running a virtual Windows XP Pro SP 2. Will the Direct X 9 automatically work for Windows, or do I need to do something specific?

You need to enable 3D acceleration under Settings and have the correct version of Tools.

I have run DXDIAG and my GFX card does not show up. Is it possible to use the Mac Video driver?

This is normal, and no. The reason is that the guest never sees the actual host video card, but rather an emulated one.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'm using a Mac running a virtual Windows XP Pro SP 2. Will the Direct X 9 automatically work for Windows, or do I need to do something specific?

You need to enable 3D acceleration under Settings and have the correct version of Tools.

I have run DXDIAG and my GFX card does not show up. Is it possible to use the Mac Video driver?

This is normal, and no. The reason is that the guest never sees the actual host video card, but rather an emulated one.

0 Kudos