VMware Communities
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Disappointing upgrade for Windows 11 ARM users - sub functional VMware Tools still!

Having used the Tech Preview on Apple Silicon since day 1, I've endured the journey of Windows 11 ARM non-support to Windows 11 ARM barely supported. I've been able to live so far on the bare-bones VMware Tools support for Windows 11 ARM VMs. 

It was very disappointing to find that the VMware Tools support for Windows 11 ARM has not progressed beyond the manually installed 2D graphics and network drivers. There's still no drag/drop, copy/paste, shared folder, and 3D DirectX support. Windows 11 ARM has been available well over a year, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a full VMware Tools implementation.

Is there any roadmap for the VMware Tools developers to get off their seats and deliver something that's really needed by their Apple customer base?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
5 Replies
joedec
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sound is fixed, so far that's the biggest difference.

0 Kudos
joedec
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

All things considered, I am happy with this release. Licensing works, automatic update work. I like the VMware license model much better that Parallels, namely perpetual license.

I am confident VMware will support cut/paste etc in future releases. For the meantime 100% of my Windows applications are running.

... Jeff

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

I agree that so far it appears to be a pretty solid release. Outside of the VMware Tools stuff, I agree that it's running Windows 11 ARM very well.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
ikir
Contributor
Contributor

I really was expecting for copy&past at minimum and also for drag&drop....

Hoping for point releases.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

I believe we will see real tools at some point, but with the holiday's I'm guessing early next year.

0 Kudos