VMware Communities
ewadiee
Contributor
Contributor

FLU with increas VMhard disk size

Thank you for the tips I tryied already the software it did not work as teh Win Xp file that was referred to ( the one MB file) through the VM ware was not available instead thera was like five file ( all amost similar) except at the end the had differrent number like 1, 2, 3 before the VMDK extension.

I tried each one of them non worked and that was the end of the story for me at least yesterday.

So I do not knwo where to find the Win xp file. also in the hard disk tye on VM Ware should it be SCSI!! one or DMI ! I am sorry I am forgetting the exact names.

also it looks taht the patch soft ware from PAt is set for only 17GB I tried to keep it or increase still both did not work I still blame it on the proper WIN XP file since the beginning.

My last question I have partition magic program if I use through The Vmachine Win Xp will it work to increase the size of the hard disk?

thanks for the advice.

Emad

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Thank you for the tips I tryied already the software it did not work as teh Win Xp file that was referred to ( the one MB file) through the VM ware was not available instead thera was like five file ( all amost similar) except at the end the had differrent number like 1, 2, 3 before the VMDK extension.

I assume you're talking about vdiskmanager GUI. It sounds like you're describing a split disk. There should be a small (few KB) one without a number, which is the one you want to use.

So I do not knwo where to find the Win xp file. also in the hard disk tye on VM Ware should it be SCSI!! one or DMI ! I am sorry I am forgetting the exact names.

I have no idea what you're talking about or trying to do. Can you clarify?

also it looks taht the patch soft ware from PAt is set for only 17GB I tried to keep it or increase still both did not work I still blame it on the proper WIN XP file since the beginning.

What patch software from PAt?

My last question I have partition magic program if I use through The Vmachine Win Xp will it work to increase the size of the hard disk?

I think you can use Partition Magic instead of gparted.

0 Kudos