VMware Communities
looter
Contributor
Contributor

Forums seem as bad as Apple's. Search doesn't limit to Community selected.

These forums look as bad as Apple's updates to their discussions. Search is hidden and I haven't been able to restrict a search to Fusion. Is this the exact same software Apple uses for its discussions forum. It seems equally horrible to me.

I searched using more options and entered 'Fusion' for the community yet the search result had numerous results for discussions relating to VMWar's enterprise products.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you enter some search terms and don't press Enter or click the search button, but just wait a second or two, a panel will drop down showing the top search results.  That panel also allows you to choose to restrict the search to the Community you're currently viewing.

The topmost page header also contains a search box – that is a VMware-wide site search.  To search just the Communities area, use the Communities search box, which is located a little further down the page, below the site search box – it's immediately above your Communities username (if logged in) or above the blue login/create-account button (if you are not logged in).

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
looter
Contributor
Contributor

See attached screenshots. I am using the community search.

First is search query. Second is search results.

And the type ahead search box also seems equally as bad as Apple's surely this is the same forum software.

I eventually discovered that I need to UNITUITIVELY type in 'VMWare Fusion' for the community autocomplete to kick in. Is there a differnt (non-VMWare) Fusion product I might be searching for on the VMWare site? Seems redundant. A list or an example would be helpful here.

0 Kudos