VMware Communities
intolerance
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion auto-shrinking windows / Windows Taskbar

Hi all, couple of quick hopefully simple questions... When I am running fusion within a boot camp install and I for example have a window maximized, when I minimize it to the taskbar in windows and then click it to bring it back up, it is now about a third of the size that is was initially, it is no longer maximized as it was initially. The case is the same whether I use the windows taskbar or leopard dock. It's a rather annoying 'feature' yet i've not been able to find a solution so that a maximized window that gets minimixed to get it out of the way will not come back in it's same maximized form. Any ideas?

2nd q, anyway to use the windows taskbar within Fusion and have it resized to about a half an inch shorter? I have my mac dock on the left side and the windows taskbar goes full screen horizontally where as it would stop at the mac dock with gulp parallels. Any ideas here either?

Otherwise I love it as it's stability makes a huge difference.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sgtbob
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar problem and discovered that the screen resolution was set at something like 840 X 640. When I resized the resolution to 1920 X 1700 (or close) it became a full screen again. Hope this is all it is.

Bob

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

When I am running fusion within a boot camp install and I for example have a window maximized, when I minimize it to the taskbar in windows and then click it to bring it back up, it is now about a third of the size that is was initially, it is no longer maximized as it was initially.

We're tracking this as bug 194290.

0 Kudos