VMware Communities
tonylani
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion says printer and flashdrive connected to USB but cannot print/access!

I'm frustrated! I recently installed Fusion 2.0 and XP Pro in Fusion. When I put in a flashdrive in a USB port, the drive shows up as being connected to Fusion as it appears at the bottom right hand corner of Fusion. When I put my mouse over the symbol (looks like 3 arrows pointing up), it says- Disconnected my flashdrive. So I know it's connected. It's also darkened to designate such. The problem is that the drive does not show up on the desktop. I click on my computer in XP and it's not there either. I check USB Devices under Setting in Fusion and both bottons that says "Enable USB 2.0 support" and "Automatically connect USB devices" are checked. Under the box underneath the same screen, both my printer and my flashdrive are checked.

The same problem exists with my printer. The USB symbol says its connected, but nothing prints. I go to Printers and Faxes menu in XP menu and the printer shows up as the default printer. But it won't print!

Everything works in my iMac. For example, when I disconnect my flashdrive in Fusion, the flashdrive shows up on my Mac desktop. But when I click to connect it under Fusion, it says its connected but I don't see it.

Someone please help!

0 Kudos
0 Replies