VMware Communities
Yang_Guizi
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion v. 3 upgrade with academic discount?

Here's a pricing wrinkle that hopefully VMware's marketing department has thought about already. If they haven't, this posting will be a heads-up for them.

I have a license to Fusion version 2, which I can upgrade to version 3 on Oct. 27th for $39.99.

As a student at my university here in New Zealand, the alternative is to buy Fusion version 2 for $39.99 before Nov. 1st and get a free upgrade to version 3.

So here's the question: will existing users of version 2 be able to upgrade to version 3 for less than $39.99 if they are university students?

If the answer is "No", then I might as well buy a second license to version 2 for $39.99 and upgrade it for fee. The additional benefit is that I will then have a license for the next Intel Mac I buy.

Unfortunately, to buy another Mac at New Zealand prices, I would have to win the NZ lottery. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yang_Guizi
Contributor
Contributor

I am disappointed that no one had the courtesy to answer my question in one week.

On my own, I just found the VMware Academic Store. There the price for the Fusion 3 upgrade is $19.99.

0 Kudos