VMware Communities
cjtinkle
Contributor
Contributor

Graphic display problem

I'm running Fusion 1.1.3 in pure virtual machine mode, with Vista Business. I have several sewing related applications that will only run in Windows. They all work fine with the exception of my pattern drafting software, which uses 3D rendering to display clothing on a virtual model. Everything works fine with the exception of the 3D rendering, it's jerky and everything is gray, all color is lost.

I've seen this behavior on computers without outdated video drivers, and since Fusion uses a generic driver, I'm assuming this is the problem? I've attached an image so you can see what I mean. Is there anything I might be able to change setting wise to make this work? Or any chance this will work with the next version (2.0) of Fusion?

Thanks!

CJ

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Is there anything I might be able to change setting wise to make this work?

Is 3D enabled in Settings and Tools up to date?

Or any chance this will work with the next version (2.0) of Fusion?

Without knowing anything about how your program works, I think there's a good chance that 2.0 will improve things. It's currently in beta, you can get it from http://communities.vmware.com/community/beta/fusion

0 Kudos
cjtinkle
Contributor
Contributor

Yes 3D is enabled, and Tools isn't showing any available upgrade, it is version 7.6.3, build-94249. I'm not going to install the Beta, I'm brand new to this OS, LOL

0 Kudos