VMware Communities
rgdelank
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Gust Network on Windows 11 to slow only 30% against Host Fussion Player-Version 13.5.0 (22583790)

The Network of Gusts Windows 11 on Fussion Version 13.65.0 are to slow.

Host 100Mbits/s  Gust only 30%   30Mbits/s of as the host.

I changed the Configuration to Bridge, Shared etc. and The Adapter from "e1000e" to "vmxnet3" nothing change.

Any remarks, the performance on ubuntu is perfect.

THE PROBLEM WAS FINALY FOUND, IT IS CAUSED BY TEAMS-NEW FROM MICROSOFT IT IS NOT A PROBLEM OF FUSION NOR OF TPM MODULE !!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

@rgdelank wrote:

Hi Community

The Problem is solved, ist was do to TPM, disabling TPM returned the Windows 11 Installation to 100Mbit/s

That doesn't sound right. The existence of the TPM in and of itself should have nothing to do with networking. 

However, to remove the TPM device, you would have had to decrypt the VM. What option was selected for encryption of the virtual machine? If the VM was encrypted with the "all files" option, that could impact the performance of the virtual machine because its virtual disks are encrypted. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rgdelank
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Community

The Problem is solved, ist was do to TPM, disabling TPM returned the Windows 11 Installation to 100Mbit/s

Thanks

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

@rgdelank wrote:

Hi Community

That doesn't sound right. The existence of the TPM in and of itself should have nothing to do with networking. 

However, to remove the TPM device, you would have had to decrypt the VM. What option was selected for encryption of the virtual machine? If the VM was encrypted with the "all files" option, that could impact the performance of the virtual machine because its virtual disks are encrypted. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
rgdelank
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I accept your answer that TPM has nothing to do with Network but.

Removing TPM removed the problem too... I can not tell you why but it was the only change intenting to solve the problem.

After your remark i reinstalled tpm in tryed to reproduce the slow Networkt without success. The Network ist performint at 100% also with TPM installed. So you have right.

But is a fact that deinstalling TPM resolved the problem. After reinstalling TPM the problem does not come back.

I happy to anounce you this.

PS.: It is not clear what was slowling down the Network.. can not tell why the TPM remove and reninstall solved the problem sorry ;-((

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

@rgdelank wrote:

I accept your answer that TPM has nothing to do with Network but.

Removing TPM removed the problem too... I can not tell you why but it was the only change intenting to solve the problem.

My apologies for an error in my prior post.  I had the order of things backward. You can remove the TPM without unencrypting the VM, but you can't unencrypt the VM before removing a TPM device that exists.

It is strange that adding the TPM device back doesn't impact the performance.

Regardless of how you got there, it's good that your VM performance is back to where it should be. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
rgdelank
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I dont know if there is a posibility to remove this three.

I finaly found the problem, does not have with Fusion to do. It is the fakt that the Workstation start Teams-New on the background and take some time to be started. So i tested speed before and all was ok 100% of speed. as Teams-New come up the speed slowdown to 30%.

So definitly the problem have not to do with Fusion not with TPM. Is was missundertood from me.

If you have the posibility remove this tree.

Thanks for your value time and help

Sincerily Roberto

0 Kudos