VMware Communities
Linh_My
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'd realy like to down load the new file

After five new download attempts and iGetter shows over five hundred re connect attempts, I am still downloading between 164.97mb and 171.25mb before the download gets broken. I've been sucessfully downloading since early in the beta program and have no problim downloading larger files. What is going on?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Have you tried just downloading straight through the browser like Frefox or Safari? I've used Firefox for all of my Fusion downloads without any issues.

Linh_My
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The issue is that I am locatated in a remote fishing village in Viet Nam. With out a download manager that reconnects when dropped, it is almpost impossible to maintain a connection long enough to completa that large a download. I am trying the download on wm MS Vista box. I expect that the issue is overloaded servers and in a month or so the volume may have dropped enough for a sucessful download.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

If you have access to a proxy server at your ISP or another closer to you location on the Internet you might be more successful with your download. That was a trick I used in the old dial-up days. It might work for you across the Pacific.

Linh_My
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Like a number of Asian countries, Viet Nam has a national firewall and doesn't provide that sort of access to the ISP. Again, I had no problim downloading the last 1.1 RC. I suspect that it is a server volume issue and waiting days, weeks or months will fix the issue.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry to hear this. If I had the power to cache the image on an Akamai server somewhere for you, I would. Smiley Happy I usually download very early when the release is out to avoid congestion.

0 Kudos
Linh_My
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks

0 Kudos