VMware Communities
pwb503
Contributor
Contributor

Installing VMWare Fusion Tools keeps stalling after just a minute...

I was using VMware 1.0 just fine with my XP installation (bootcamp) on my Macbook running 10.5.6. Then I upgraded to 2.0.2 and followed the directions to upgrade my virtual machine. However, the first time I tried to run XP under 2.0.2 the mouse wouldn't work at all, it just kept jumping all around the screen. I clicked on the option to Install VMware Tools, and it started installing them, but just stopped. The mouse keeps jumping around so I cannot do anything, and the tools will not finish installing no matter how long I wait for the status bar to move (I've waited over an hour...) I try and try and try again, restart the XP install and try again, but it never actually installs the tools and the mouse never works...

Please help me get this working. It works fine under bootcamp, no problems with the mouse, etc. but not at all under VMware.

See attachment of what the screen looks like when I have to call it quits.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pwb503
Contributor
Contributor

I just want to make it clear that I am totally incapable of doing anything in XP under the virtual machine. The mouse (trackpad, whatever...) just doesn't work. The cursor keeps jumping all over the place and I can't control it at all... All I can do is pull the plug on the virtual machine to turn it off, I can't even properly shut down or restart XP from within windows. Please tell me how to fix this from the MacOS or from Bootcamp, but don't tell me how to do it in XP in the virutal machine, 'cause that will not work.

0 Kudos