VMware Communities
callagga
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a license system problem? I can't get my existing fusion license to take (so therefore I can't buy V3)

Hi,

Is there a license system problem? I can't get my existing fusion license to take (so therefore I can't buy V3)

I can seemingly register my existing version (whilst I'm on the latest V2 version of fusion the actual license key I got via email months ago says v1), however when I try to buy v3 it doesn't seem to find it. When I go manage licenses it doesn't either, also some time I seem to get timeouts. I did wait 30 minutes and try again but still no luck. Just lots of people on the system????

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
128 Replies
minkis
Contributor
Contributor

feels like the wholevmware website is rather slow... i get timeouts all the time

0 Kudos
tdilenarda
Contributor
Contributor

I got a valid Fusion 1.x/2.x serial number and registered into my account.

When trying to uprgade to 3.0, I get this message : "Our records indicate that you have no eligible registered products to upgrade. To complete your upgrade order, please register a compatible product."

I type my S/N into the field, hit "search" and the site returns me this message : "No data found for the serial number entered."

Bottom line is that I CAN'T UPGRADE from 2.0.6 to 3.0.

What is wrong, guys ? ?:|

0 Kudos
maritxupcd
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue... hope they solve it soon!

0 Kudos
jkwuc89
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue for me as well. I tried purchasing the upgrade this morning and the VMWare store website states that I have no eligible products to upgrade.

Keith Wedinger

Bearcatnews.com

Sciotofootball.com

Keith Wedinger Bearcatnews.com Sciotofootball.com
0 Kudos
Tony_Hoyle
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Two copies of vmware fusion, but apparently neither of the are eligible for some unknown reason.

Interesting sales tactic.. launching a product then making it impossible to buy!!

0 Kudos
cjtinkle
Contributor
Contributor

I have this issue as well, I'm wondering if V1 (my original purchase, which has been upgraded (free) to 2.06) isn't eligible, only V2 purchases?

0 Kudos
Phil_Lee
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. I have a boxed commercial license of 1.x. It's registered correctly but when I try to upgrade I get told I have no eligible software. I was really looking forward to this update and this problem has put a downer on things.

0 Kudos
tdilenarda
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe our problem is that we bought a 1.x version, upgraded for free to 2.x and are not therefore eligible to the upgrade price... But no note in the VMWare documentation about this.

Too bad.

I'd like to have an answer from a VMWare guy, please. Just to know if I can buy the upgrade, or if we have to buy a full version. In this case, I'll wait until Parallels releases its version 5 and test both.

0 Kudos
Phil_Lee
Contributor
Contributor

The upgrade option in the store explicitly says "VMware Fusion Upgrade from Version 2.x and 1.x to VMware Fusion 3" so as a licensed 1.x user who has been using 2.x since its release I should be able to upgrade.

0 Kudos
tdilenarda
Contributor
Contributor

So, this seems to be a BUG...

Can you VMWare guys fix this problem ????

0 Kudos
Journey
Contributor
Contributor

I called support and was told that this is a known issue that they are working on.

They actually have two issues because I can't even get a trial registration code from their website.

I hope some heads roll. This indicates sloppiness in their IT area -- poor testing prior to rollout or poor implementation.

0 Kudos
JonSmart
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue, I bought VMWare Fusion 2.0 Retail a year ago. The serial number under my account states that it is v1.0 comercial despite the CD Wallet in front of me now clearly stating VMWare Fusion - Mac 2.0 Retail. I am also unable to update. Thought I would give UK support a call, after 2 hours on hold decided that I am wasting my time. Really hope VMWare can solve this soon, by the sound of it allot of people are experiencing incorrect registration issues and have been blocked from upgrade!

0 Kudos
sparselogic
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. I've had a Fusion 1.0 license registered since 2008, but I get the same "no product eligible for upgrade" message.

0 Kudos
lugesm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SAME PROBLEM. PULLING MY HAIR OUT HERE.

0 Kudos
Journey
Contributor
Contributor

It took 2 hours and 35 minutes to get my evaluation key that I can use

until VMWare sorts out the upgrade problems with their web system.

I did call support and the person in India that I talked to said that they are aware of the problem.

0 Kudos
invosis
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem. Been on hold for 20mins now waiting for an answer.

0 Kudos
guitaradoptions
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here, and I have installed Version 3 but cannot open Fusion without a new serial number. I run a business off of Windows, and cannot function now.

C'mon VMware, this is horrific!

0 Kudos
spenumatsa
Contributor
Contributor

There is a problem with the system. I spoke to Technical support 10 minutes back and the Technical rep told me that they might have a problem and it would take some time to get it resolved. I am not sure what the time frame is, but they have a huge number of requests comming through that their systems might not be able to respond.

0 Kudos
Cappe77
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem for me too.. I have a valid license for Fusion v1.x/2.x but if I try to upgrade , the system returns message that there's not any eligible product for the upgrade..

Waiting for a solution....

0 Kudos