VMware Communities
grosbill
Contributor
Contributor

Keyboard on Guest OS X 10.9.2 with Fusion 6.0.2

Hi,

I use OS X 10.9.2 as Guest OS (upgraded from Lion) on fusion 6.0.2 (under OS X 10.9.2), both using english version of OS X.

I don't succeed to have the good keyboard mapping on guest OS.

On host, the keyboard is the french one, and mapping is  OK in the input sources.

On guest OS, it's also french, but mapping is diffrent in the input sources. (the same as a classic PC keyboard, not a mac one).

On the other VMs (Win7 and Ubuntu 12), mapping is Ok.

Does anyone experience the same problem ?

Thanks for your help.

Olivier

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mini2008
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi grosbill,

Could you let me know more detail info about 'mapping is different'?

There is a Key Mappings function in Fusion, "VMware Fusion->Preferences…->Keyboard & Mouse->Key Mappings". You can set some key mapping here.

So can you tell me your detail configuration about your keyboard in Guest OS?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
grosbill
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Mapping is different means that:

- in host OS, all keyboard layout are correct (keybord layout is French), see picture 1

- in guest OS, Azerty keybord layout is correct, but not a french one for special character as @, = ..., whereas it's the same keyboard settings, see picture 2. In addition it's not as it is in input sources

In addition, language on both is english.

Picture 3 is keybord settings in fusion.

I just want to know, if I make a  mistake, or if I need to create a new keyboard layout.

Thanks for your help

HOTS-Keyb.png

GUEST-Keyb.png

Fusion-Guest-keyb.png

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi grosbill,

There is one problem is that, in my host, the layout of French is the same as the picture 2 you mentioned.French.png

May I know your version of Mac os? My Mac os is 10.9.2(13C64)

0 Kudos
grosbill
Contributor
Contributor

The same as you 10.9.2(13C64).

And the good one should be picture 1, as it is in my host, but not in VM.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
mupf3l
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure if I am OT here, but I have a similar problem. My host is a MBP, guest is OSX Mavericks. The guest sees the keyboard as a full size keyboard, not as notebook layout.

Any way to tell my guest system that I am on a MBP Keyboard? I don't have a full sized keyboard here.

0 Kudos