VMware Communities
b_m_l
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Plasma Wayland Mouse Cursor Off

Hey guys,

I am using Kali Linux (KDE Plasma) in VMWare Fusion using Wayland and somehow the mouse cursor is bugged. It switches randomly from normal mouse cursor, resize cursor, text-edit cursor etc, if I move the mouse over a textbox it changes from normal mouse cursor to text-edit cursor (thats fine) but then it does not switch back to normal, same goes for window resize cursor. Also the cursor seems to be off some pixels.

All of these problems do not occur if I use KDE Plasma with X11

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abiosoft
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was able to resolve it by adding KWIN_FORCE_SW_CURSOR=1 to /etc/environment and restarting afterwards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abiosoft
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was able to resolve it by adding KWIN_FORCE_SW_CURSOR=1 to /etc/environment and restarting afterwards.

0 Kudos
b_m_l
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thx this solution works for me to have the mouse cursor "look" and behave normal again. Somehow I still have problems with Wayland that the windows do not come to front if I click them. I have several windows open (they stack one over another) and if I click the title bar of a window in the background it should come front, but very often it doesn't... No problems with X11 again here.

0 Kudos