VMware Communities
Daktau
Contributor
Contributor

The disk 'XXX/Windows 8.1 x64 Development.vmwarevm/Virtual Disk.vmdk' has one or more internal errors that cannot be fixed.

Hi All,
My mac froze when I was doing a disk clean up as the VM kept freezing. Then my mac froze but after a restart I managed to successfully shut down the Windows VM so that I could run the disk clean up. This went successfully until the Mac froze again and after waiting for 10 minutes I restarted the Mac. Now I receive this message...

The disk '/Users/georgep/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized/Windows 8.1 x64 Development.vmwarevm/Virtual Disk.vmdk' has one or more internal errors that cannot be fixed.

Restore from a backup copy of this disk.

The specified virtual disk needs repair

Cannot open the disk '/Users/georgep/Documents/Virtual Machines.localized/Windows 8.1 x64 Development.vmwarevm/Virtual Disk.vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on.

Module 'Disk' power on failed.

Failed to start the virtual machine.

Can anyone help me sort this out? I have a copy on my TimeMachine and have attached the vmware.log file.

Many thanks in advanced,
George.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

the chance that Timemachine has a working backup is very low.
Please read the post PLS save me, vmdk' has one or more internal errors that cannot be fixed

and follow the advice from that post.

0 Kudos
Daktau
Contributor
Contributor

It appears that Time Machine had managed to do it's updating correctly as it managed to restore the vmwarevm file perfectly. Luckily, I keep my git repos up to date so was able to restore everything back with no lost work. Thanks very much for your response.  

0 Kudos