VMware Communities
akadmon
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to install 2.06

I've run into a major issue that has me worried about my ability to install Fusion 3, which I was planning to do as soon it it comes out. Here is the problem.

I downloaded that latest update (2.06), but when I start the installer I get a message that Fusion can't be installed on this computer. When I try uninstalling (using the script provided with the installer dmg), I get a message that a previous installation is in progress and I have to complete it before uninstalling Fusion. So as you can see I am totally stuck at this point. I have replaced permissions, flushed the caches using Onyx, dragged the application to the trash and tried installing again -- no luck.

I also see another potential problem down the road. I used to have an old Boot Camp partition which I have since deleted (it was Win XP) . I have created a new BC partition and installed Windows 7 on it, but when I try to run the VM, it fails because it is looking for the previous BT partion and cannot find it. There is no option to delete and create an new Boot Camp VM. Finally, when I right click on the VM icon in the library and select import (which is supposed to create new settings), I am told I don't have enough privileges.

I'm running on a Mac Pro 1,1 under SL 10.6.1.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
akadmon
Contributor
Contributor

Bump.

Do VMware techs monitor forum, or do I have to email support with my problem?

0 Kudos
akadmon
Contributor
Contributor

Another bump.

To anyone at VMWare is reading this: if I don't receive a solution to this issue, I will be forced to go with another app since it does not look like I will be able to install Fusion 3. I'm not keen on spending $80 (or whatever 3 will cost) just to find out I can't use it.

0 Kudos