VMware Communities
Nnooo
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Accelerated AMD PCNet Adapter - errors

I recently purchsed VMWare after a thorough comparison between it and Parallels. Having had my MacPro for months and trying to get both working but to no avail (due to no mouse/keyboard detection and Windows asking me to click verify all the time, I can't click verify if I can't use my mouse/keboard!).

Finally I removed all Windows updates and Security updates, repaired Windows and installed only the Windows Updates. Then installed the VMWare registry entry and bingo VMWare works! Parallels doesn't.

Everything is now working smoothly except my networking Smiley Sad I get the following error from the Virtual Network card when inspecting it in Hardware Manager:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

Now I have tried:

1) Removing and reinstalling the device

2) Reinstalling the drivers

3) Reinstalling VMWare tools and none of these works

I had a similar error with the DVDDrive for a while and managed to fix that by removing the 'upper limit' entry in the registry for DVD drives (the driver would then install). Is there something I can do to fix this problem now?

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by:

RDPetruska

Removed emoticon from subject line.

0 Kudos
0 Replies