VMware Communities
d_k1
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Accelerated AMD PCNet Adapter has my IP address

In Windows 2003 server I'm trying to set a manual IP address via network control panel. When I do I get Windows error stating that the ip address I have entered for the network adapter is already assigned to another network adapter 'VMWare Accelerated AMD PCNet Adapter' and that 'VMWare Accelerated AMD PCNet Adapter' is hidden from Network Connections folder because it is not physically in the computer.

How do I set 'VMWare Accelerated AMD PCNet Adapter' to not use that IP address?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

In a Command Prompt copy and paste the following and press Enter and this will create a file on the Guest's Desktop named ipconfig.txt for you to attach to a reply post with a copy of the target Virtual Machine's vmware.log from within the Virtual Machine Package.

ipconfig /all > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\ipconfig.txt"

For help with the vmware.log file have a look at the Virtual Machine Files section of

0 Kudos
d_k1
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

What's the the .rtf files? Anyway the vmware.log file is not in what you attached so there's nothing else I can do.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

I've seen things like this happen when hardware changes move a network adapter from one PCI slot to another. Yes, this can happen on virtual machines as under the hood there are virtual PCI slots.

Take a look at the following MS Knowledge Base article and see if it helps:

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
ikroumov
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Technogeezer,

This is an Excellent article !!!

I just got the same problem and found this article via Your link. Kudos !!!

0 Kudos
JourneyMan
Contributor
Contributor

That answer was the bomb. Sorted it straight away.

Thanks

0 Kudos
SammyNorway
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You! This was very helpfull! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos